COMPLETE THE APPLICATION FORM BELOW IF YOU YOU'RE INTERESTED IN COMPETING IN THE TALLINN OPEN
WELCOME TO APEX+
TO COMPETE AT ALL
LEVELS IN AN EVOLVING SPORT
Apex+ is a hybrid wrestling skill set which crosses the barriers of Freestyle/Greco/Folkstyle/ MMA.
Let us help you reach your greatest goals. Apex+ proven goal setting/achieving mindset.
Apex+ is committed to guiding wrestling and MMA athletes through each level of the sport from beginner to advance by actively supporting evaluating and understanding each athletes individual wrestling strengths and weaknesses. The purpose is to teach a unique hybrid system to help athletes understand all aspects of wrestling control from freestyle, Greco-Roman, folk style, and MMA wrestling.
THE APEX+ FOCUS IS TO
INSPIRE CONFIDENCE TO BE
Apex + teaches a hybrid drill set for clinics, camps, private groups, and/or zoom meetings:
• This hybrid technique drill set is geared to improve all-around wrestling for Scholastic, Freestyle, Greco and MMA.
• Apex+ is a complex proven system teaching successful techniques for winning in the sports of wrestling and MMA.
• Apex+ system has evolved to create strategic scoring opportunities by attaching all angles of the body.
• The system consists of leg attacks, body attacks, and front head attacks.
• The hybrid system is a dynamic approach to attacking the body while creating finishes to score and become successful at all levels of wrestling and MMA
CONTROL - ATTACK - FINISH
TECHNIQUE & CURRICULUM OPTIONS/AREAS
Head Position - Defense
Wrist Attacks/Elbow attacks/Inside tie attacks
Creating set ups to attack
Danger zone wrestling push outs/line wrestling
Inside step Series
Under hook series
Leg attack series
Body attack series
Setting opponents feet
Over under series
Throws feet to back
Action Reaction Drills
Gut wrenches locks
High gut/ medium gut/low gut wrenches
Front head series
Par terre position and mindset
Elbow and finger fighting
Hammer lock series
Cross wrist series
Near wrist series
Bar Arm series
Leg riding series
Arm leaver series
4X World Champion
• World Champion Greco Roman wrestling (One of only 4 Americans to achieve this goal)
• 3X World Champion MMA Bellator fighting championships. (The first two weight division champion)
• The first athlete to win a wrestling world championship and a MMA world championship
• World Cup Champion/Outstanding wrestler
• Sullivan Award, runner-up
• 2X Pan-American games champion
• 4X US Open Greco-Roman National Champion
• Espoir national champion/world team member
• NCAA All-America 133lbs University of Michigan: bronze
• Bachelors degree, University of Michigan:school kinesiology
• Michigan State Champion undefeated 52-0 (broke the national takedown record 487 takedowns one season)
• Mr. Michigan (State of Michigan’s best male athlete)
2x NCAA All-American | Coach of Multiple NCAA Champions, All-Americans, & World Team Members | Founder of Apex Wrestling Schools
University of Michigan graduate: 2001
BA Sports Management and Communications.
• Athletic Director
• Founder of Apex Wrestling Schools theapexwrestlingschool.com
• Multiple locations
• 2014 Pan American U23 world team coach (freestyle and Greco Roman)
• Coached at West Point Military academy under head coach Chuck Barbee
• Coach at the University of Pennsylvania with Head Coach Roger Reina
• Coached at the University of Pennsylvania with Zeke Jones
• 2x Big Ten Conference finalist
• 2x University of Michigan wrestling All American
• University of Michigan most outstanding freshman
• 2x USA wrestling Junior Fargo freestyle All American
• USA wrestling Cadet Greco All American
• 2x USA wrestling Cadet Freestyle All America
• ASIC Tiger All American Dream team member for USA
• 3x NJSIAA Wrestling State Champion
• 4x NJSIAA Wrestling State Finalist
• 4x district Champion
• 4x Regional Champion
US OPEN CHAMPION | USA TEAM MEMBER | UFC CHAMPIONSHIP COACH
Darryl is the wrestling coach to some of the most dominating stars of the UFC including names such as Dominick Cruz, TJ Dillashaw, BJ Penn, Chael Sonnen and Rashad Evans. He has also worked with Kyle Dake, who recently became the man that beat Jordan Boroughs and qualified for the Olympics.
He has been one of the best BJJ & MMA wrestling coaches in the World currently. With 5 UFC titles as a wrestling coach with his athletes across the UFC platform gives Darryl name recognition in any MMA gym. In the BJJ arena as well Darryl has worked with some of the best ever and top up and comers in the sport today as well. The following athletes Darryl has had a major impact in there technical wrestling : Chael Sonnen, Andre Galvao, TJ Dillashaw, Rashad Evans, Rose Namajunas, Gilbert Burns, Michael Perez, Gui and Rafa Mendes , Kelvin Gastelum, Cub Swanson, Alex Hernandez, George St Pierre, Anthony Smith, Keenan Cornelius, Michael Bisping, PM Tenore, Luke Rockhold, Joe Warren, Dan Ige, Ali Abdelaziz. He has an industry leading recruiting advantage due to his wide recognized talents.
A successful athlete in over a 30 year period at all levels in wrestling, BJJ, and MMA championship coachin credentials. Darryl Christian is married to Katie Christian and they have three children Bobby, Kensie and Ben. He graduated from Canyon High school in Anaheim, CA, where he was undefeated at 59-0 his senior year. Upon graduating high school graduation, he accepted a full-ride scholarship to the University of Oregon. During his college career he achieved many place finishes in major tournaments across the United States. He qualified for the NCAA championships four times during career. In 1999 he graduated from the University of Oregon in Psychology. After graduating College he was presented with an opportunity to become a resident Olympic athlete at the US Olympic Training center in Colorado Springs, CO. This prestigious position is only given to the top athletes in the USA aspiring to be an Olympic champion on day. During his residence from 2000-2006 he has traveled and competed in 25 countries around the world for the USA teams. He made 5 national teams, won back to back US OPEN titles, and achieved many medals on the world Olympic caliber meets.